Knee Anatomy :: Knee Arthroscopy :: ACL Reconstruction :: Total Knee Replacement :: Revision Knee Replacement :: Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement :: VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution for Knee Replacement
Normal Anatomy of the Knee Joint
How does the Knee joint work?
Find out more in this web based movie.
Arthroscopy of the Knee Joint
Arthroscopy is a surgical procedure in which an arthroscope is inserted into a joint. Arthroscopy is a term that comes from two Greek words, arthro-, meaning joint, and -skopein, meaning to examine.
The benefits of arthroscopy involve smaller incisions, faster healing, less scarring, and a more rapid recovery. Arthroscopic surgical procedures are often performed on an outpatient basis, and the patient is able to return home on the same day.
Find out more about Knee Arthroscopy from the following links.
Total Knee Replacement (TKR)
A total knee replacement (TKR) or total knee arthroplasty is a surgery that resurfaces arthritic knee joint with an artificial metal or plastic replacement part called the ‘prosthesis’.
Find out more about Total Knee Replacement with the following links.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament ACL Reconstruction
The anterior cruciate ligament is one of the major stabilizing ligaments in the knee. It is a strong rope like structure located in the center of the knee running from the femur to the tibia. When this ligament tears unfortunately it doesn’t heal and often leads to the feeling of instability in the knee.
ACL reconstruction is a commonly performed surgical procedure and with recent advances in arthroscopic surgery can now be performed with minimal incision and low complication rate.
ACL Reconstruction Hamstring Tendon
ACL Reconstruction Patellar Tendon
Revision Knee Replacement
This means that complete or a part of your previous knee replacement needs to be revised. This operation varies from a very minor adjustment to a massive operation replacing significant amount of bone and hence is difficult to describe in full.
Find out more about Revision Knee Replacement with the following links.
Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement
Robotic-assisted knee replacement surgery is an alternative to the conventional knee replacement procedure. It is performed using robotic-arm technology that allows your surgeon to precisely perform the surgery through a smaller incision as compared to traditional surgery.
Find out more about Robotic Assisted Knee Replacement with the following link.
VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution for Knee Replacement
VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution for knee replacement is a novel, state-of-the-art knee system that simplifies total knee arthroplasty, commonly known as total knee replacement surgery, by offering valuable insights, versatile execution, and verified performance to provide efficiency for surgeons and optimise patient outcomes.
Find out more about VELYS Robotic-Assisted Solution for Knee Replacement with the following link.
Click on the topics below to find out more from the orthopedic connection website of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons.
- ACL Injury: Should it be fixed?
- Activities After a Knee Replacement
- Additional Resources on the Knee
- Adolescent Anterior Knee Pain
- Arthritis of the Knee
- Care of the Aging Knee: Baby Boomers May Need Lifestyle Changes
- Cemented and Cementless Knee Replacement
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Frequently Asked Questions about Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Goosefoot (Pes Anserine) Bursitis of the Knee
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Knee Arthroscopy Exercise Guide
- Knee Implants
- Knee Replacement Exercise Guide
- Kneecap (Prepatellar) Bursitis
- Meniscal Tear
- Meniscal Transplants
- Minimally Invasive Total Knee Replacement
- Nonsurgical Treatment Options for Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- Orthopedists Research Female Knee Problems
- Osgood-Schlatter Disease (Knee Pain)
- Osteonecrosis of the Knee
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
- Rotating Platform/Mobile-bearing Knees
- Runner’s Knee (Patellofemoral Pain)
- Surgical Treatment of Osteoarthritis of the Knee
- The Knee
- Total Knee Replacement
- Unstable Kneecap
- Viscosupplementation Treatment for Arthritis